- Clinical Center
- Medical Oncology
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Traditional Chinese Medicine/Integrative Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Medical Laboratory
Add: 283 Tongzipo Road, Yuelu District, Changsha, 410013, Hunan, P.R. China
Gynecologic Oncology Ward III Home > Departments > GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY > Gynecologic Oncology Ward 3
Gynecologic Oncology Ward III is characterized by surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy for the comprehensive treatment of gynecological tumors. It has continuously introduced new technologies and new projects at home and abroad for the treatment of gynecological tumors. The department has electronic accelerators, Ir192 high-dose rate after-loading therapy machine, laparoscopic (particle knife), hysteroscopy, LEEP knife, electronic colposcopy and other advanced equipment. The medical staff of the department can skillfully carry out radical surgery for various gynecological malignant tumors such as cervical cancer, ovarian cancer, vulvar cancer and endometrial cancer, etc. The department conducts conformal individualized radiotherapy for cervical cancer and isocenter irradiation technology for gynecological tumors. It conducts laparoscopic surgery, vaginal hysterectomy and vaginal hysteromyoma decollement for gynecological tumors. The department also has minimally invasive treatment for gynecological tumors and pelvic floor reconstruction surgery, and reconstruction of vulvar cancer after radical surgery. In addition, they can provide comprehensive standardized treatment of surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy for gynecological malignancies such as cervical cancer, endometrial cancer and ovarian cancer, etc. The department has been committed to international standards, and has carried out surgery to preserve fertility and physiological functions in young women with malignant tumors, and to improve the quality of life of patients.
There are 9 doctors in the department, including 3 persons with senior title, 2 persons with intermediate title, and 15 nurses. The department has three projects of the Provincial Science and Technology Commission and two projects of the Hunan Provincial Health Department.
While continuously improving the cure rate of gynecological tumors, the department minimizes patients’ trauma, pain during treatment and complications after curing. The department keeps the reproductive organs and fertility as much as possible for the patient, improves the quality of life, and ensures that the patient can return to society with a healthy mentality.
Gynecologic Oncology Ward IV
Gynecologic Oncology Ward IV is the provincial key ward and is applying for the national key ward. The department mainly focuses on three basic treatment methods, namely, surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy, and continuously introduces new technologies and new projects at home and abroad for clinical treatment. The department carries out isocentric irradiation techniques such as conformal individualized radiotherapy for cervical cancer and gynecological tumors, and performs difficult operations such as laparoscopic retroperitoneal pelvic and paraaortic lymph node dissection for gynecological tumors. In addition, the department also carries out surgery for the preservation of fertility in young and early cervical invasive cancer patients, and the reconstruction after radical surgery for vulvar cancer and other plastic surgeries for gynecological tumors. The comprehensive treatment of gynecological malignant tumors in this department is good. There are three doctors in the department with senior professional titles. And it has two projects of the Provincial Science and Technology Commission and four projects of the Hunan Provincial Health Department.
While continuously improving the cure rate of gynecological tumors, the department minimizes the trauma and pain of patients during treatment. The department improves patients’ quality of life and ensures that the patient can return to society with a healthy mentality.
1. The department focuses on the treatment of cervical cancer in young women. The department uses "cold knife conization" to treat early cervical cancer and performs radical trachelectomy. In addition, neoadjuvant chemotherapy is performed for early cervical invasive cancer and cervical cancer. For advanced cervical cancer, concurrent chemoradiotherapy is used. The department also conducts chemotherapeutic drug sensitivity tests for cervical cancer in young women, and “intraoperative vaginal prolongation” for young women with cervical cancer. The department also performs the laparoscopic radical resection of cervical cancer, and autologous ovarian transplantation (transposition) in young women with cervical cancer. These treatments effectively improve the quality of life of young patients.
2. The department focuses on protecting the ovarian function and reproductive function of young patients. For example, in 1993, the department performed partial hysterectomy and hysteroplasty for uterine fibroids. In 2001, the department successfully retained the ovary during endometrial cancer surgery for the young patient. In 2005, the department carried out surgery for the preservation of fertility in early cervical invasive cancer in Hunan Province.
3. The department has conducted studies to reduce various treatment complications, including the treatment of vulvar cancer by retaining the great saphenous vein and partial urethral resection, application of autologous blood transfusion in gynecological cancer surgery, interstitial implantation of radiation therapy for vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer, and cervical cancer, and individualized different surgical approaches (transverse incision, vaginal, laparoscopic). These are effective in reducing various treatment complications.
4. The department attaches great importance to the treatment of recurrent and difficult cases: the full-scale radical treatment of gynecological cancer in 2004, and the three-dimensional conformal intensity modulated radiation therapy in the recurrent pelvic and abdominal cancer in 2002 (cooperating with Radiotherapy Department) and synchronous chemoradiotherapy plus High Intensity Focus Ultrasound (HIFu) in 2005, which has a good effect on the comprehensive treatment of recurrent cervical cancer and advanced cervical cancer.
Professor & Director
Minimally invasive surgery and radical surgery of gynecological benign and malignant tumors and comprehensive treatment such as the radiotherapy or chemotherapy of gynecological malignant tumors.
Professor & Vice Director
- Address: 8F Building 1
- Tel: 89762060